Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mobile Revenue Collection Service

I hate bringing this up, because at this point it's just sad, but I got pulled over again by one of our fine Mobile Revenue Collection agents. Some people have traditionally called these traffic cops. This now makes 5 times in the past year I've been pulled over for minor infractions compared with about 3 prior years without incident. I don't believe this is a chance coincidence with the state of many municipalities experiencing budget shortcomings in our current economic climate. I will choose to think of these formerly known officers as collection agents as in each instance they were not performing duties in the capacity of serving public safety. In this last instance the agent in question risked my personal safety and created an increased risk for a traffic collision on I-5 during rush hour.

No comments: