Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 9: Sleepy Sunday

I decided to sleep in a bit after getting in late yesterday. After waking I worked out at the silly gym at the Holiday Inn where I was staying. I've learned to keep my expectations pretty low at hotels when they say they have a workout facility. Usually most of the equipment is in disrepair, what little of it there is, and there are few if any free weights to be had. The Filton Holiday Inn was no exception. It still beats trying to do it in my hotel room.

After an otherwise lazy morning I headed into town to do laundry, and wander around the Bristol Christmas market which is a bit of fun. I tried my best not to think about the fact that the primary reason I was grabbing a taxi to head into town was to do my laundry. Since the round trip works out to around £40 ($65). Unbelievably, it was still much cheaper than using the hotel's laundry service which was £6/item.

While I was in town, I walked around the Christmas market downtown to do some shopping for the girls, but didn't see anything for them. I knew I'd be going to the giant market at Hyde Park in London later, so didn't worry too much about it.

No comments: