Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 6: First day of work in Bristol

First day at work. It turned out that the hot lunch was curry, so that makes two days of curry for me in a row. I wasn't complaining about that fact, however, it was a miserable curry though. As fortune would have it, a week prior I had already talked Jon into curry for dinner this particular evening before I left the states. So it was a coincidence we already had it twice since I arrived and were going to have it three times in two days! Jon loves Indian too, so he humored me by agreeing that the first two times didn't count as they were substandard attempts. So we joined up for some great curry after work at one of my favorite restaurants in Bristol, 4500 Miles from Delhi. Afterwards I introduced Jon to cider on the Apple cider barge and he found the cider there "interesting". It has a bit of a "funk" to it. Or what I find reminiscent of the smell of fermenting silage on my relative's farms growing up.
Curry at the Raj. Jon and I couldn't join the guys for dinner so we met up after our curry. Left to right: Les, Nick, Ant, Garith, Gavinder, Jon.

No comments: